samedi 18 mai 2013

Abigail à sa fille Louisa

A la fin de sa vie, Abigail écrivit ce message poignant dans la couverture de son journal de 1874 :

January 1st, 1874

To my Louisa! Beloved daughter! 

I place at thy disposal of your judgment this, and all other of my diaries ; to keep for reference, or to destroy for safety, my hopes, fears, aspirations, have been uttered fearlessly, believing this utterance, or prayer or complaint should be know only to that power which can bestow, protect, or relieve. 
May you survive me, to consummate to perfection, the march of life you have so nobly begun, so successfully pursued, so generously shared with those whose exertions have been thus far, pursued with less success or reward. 
May you have good health as you have the good heart to live and love, Long! Long! 

Marmee

(Extrait de My heart is boundless : Writings of Abigail May Alcott, Louisa's Mother - Edited by Eve LaPlante)


(The End of the Day William Sergeant Kendall)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire